Travel through wonderful scenery to the beautiful mountain villages of Zagoria and see the breathtaking Vikos Gorge. The stone-arched bridges that criss-cross the Zagori region played a vital role in linking communities. Today, many of these bridges, which date from the 18th and 19th centuries, can be seen from the modern roadside. Chance to get up close to some of the oldest and most impressive ones like Kokkori bridge, dating from 1750, which is backed by a pinnacle stack and spans a high arch above the Voidomatis river, and bridge of Kalogeriko, three-stringer bridge that was built in 1814. It is one of the few three-stringer bridge that exist which has given it particular fame. The bridge serve the residents of the two villages in their transportation and it is one of the most photographed bridges of Zagori. It will surely impress you.
Visit to the Monodendri, one of the most beautiful Zagorian villages and near Monodendri, you will enjoy the walk to the abandoned monastery of Agia Paraskevi, built in 15th century, providing an impressive view of the entire village.
Before going back to Parga you will enjoy lunch in beautiful Monodendri village.
Excursion programs can be changed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Departing from Parga at 09:00
- Short stop in Ioannina for coffee
- The woman of Pindus - from bus
- Bridge of Kokkori
- Bridge of Kalogeriko
- Oxia - Balkony of Vikos Gorge
- Monodendri village
- Monastery of Agia Paraskevi
- Back to Parga about 17:30
- Children ( 2-11 years ): 50% off
- Babies ( 0-1.99 ): free of charge